Postcards can bring your community closer together, no matter where in their journey to faith your recipients may be.
Postcards for Church Outreach
Church postcards enable you to reach people in their homes, offering a friendly welcome, a comforting reminder of your support, and an invitation of friendship. Here, we explore how to use postcards as part of your church outreach program.
To speak to an expert about outreach postcards, call us today on 1-877-765-6245
Church Postcard Ideas
Growing your community starts with simple church postcard ideas, for congregants of all kinds. Here are some popular church postcard ideas to consider:
- “We Miss You” church postcards, to reconnect with congregants that you haven’t seen in a while.
- Local church outreach postcards, to invite new people that live nearby to join your community.
- New mover church postcards, to reach out to residents that are new to the neighborhood. This is a key step in many new mover programs for churches.
- Postcards for church events, inviting everyone to celebrate the season with you.
- Showcase your COVID-safe practices to encourage everyone to return to church, or share details of how they can join in from home, online.
- Use EDDM to connect with a specific neighborhood, even without a list of names and addresses.
Church postcards can encourage anyone unsure about whether to explore their faith, to do so. If a new resident in your neighborhood is looking to visit churches and find the right fit for them, it means they’re likely to include your church on their list of contenders. Church outreach in the form of postcards can even remind existing church-goers of how much they enjoyed being part of your congregation, and encourage agnostic individuals to attend local church events, and eventually more.
The COVID-19 pandemic isolated many people of all ages. Church postcards can help people remember the sense of community they once had, and encourage them back to church.
The team at Excel Printing and Mailing is here to help you come up with more church postcards ideas, and lead you through the entire process of design, printing, and mailing for church outreach; just get in touch!
Church Postcard Designs
Your next step is to come up with a unique outreach postcard design. Here are a few tips:
- Use friendly images, including photos of happy families and people of all ages at church, or enjoying each other’s company at church events. Although stock images are an option, try to use photos of your church and your church members where possible. If your postcards will be individually addressed, create multiple designs to appeal to residents of many different ages. For example, you may wish to use an image of your senior choir group on a postcard for a retired congregant, or a shot from a 20s-30s Bible Study group for a young adult.
- Use inspirational quotes, for example, Bible verses that resonate with most people:
- Psalm 56:3 “Whenever I am afraid, I will trust in You.”
- Jeremiah 29:11: "I know the plans I have in mind for you, declares the Lord; they are plans for peace, not disaster, to give you a future filled with hope."
- Hebrews 13:8: "Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever."
- Make your design easy to read. Don’t include too much text, and use easy-to-read language. Remember, an outreach postcard is just a simple invitation to connect.
- Use your church logo and brand colors, if you have them.
Church Postcard Printing
Printing your postcards doesn’t have to be time-consuming or expensive with a professional printer at your service.
- Offset printing is a great choice for large volume print orders, at low prices.
- Digital printing is best for personalized church postcards on a tight deadline.
Church Postcard Mailing
The final step is to mail your postcards:
- If you have names and addresses, our team can help you get your outreach postcards mailed out at the lowest rates.
- No mailing list? No problem! Print with us, and we'll provide you with an occupant mailing list for free, to give your church outreach campaign a head-start.
- Want to send to everyone in a particular zip code or carrier route? EDDM is your answer.
- Learn more about how to get your mailing list.
Mailing can be time-consuming and can prevent churches from being proactive and keeping up with campaigns. We can help you design, print and mail your church outreach postcards to ensure your neighbors receive the warm welcome you wish to send! Take a look at our mailing services
Start Your Church Outreach Campaign Today
We understand the importance of church outreach for your growth, and the role postcards play in making new connections. Get in touch with our friendly team today to bring your church postcard ideas to life! From design to printing and mailing, we can support you throughout the whole process, and even come up with more ideas for your church outreach, using banners and more direct mail ideas. Request a quote
, or call us on 1-877-765-6245 today
Request a Quote