What makes your direct mail piece worth looking at? Why should your recipient act on it? These are questions that must be answered in order to have a successful direct mail campaign.
One way to make your mail piece more eye-catching is by tailoring its content to the recipient through variable data printing. This process customizes each individual postcard with little effort. Every postcard will have the same basic layout, but different elements can be changed from piece to piece.
An Infosys survey found that this added personalization leads to a direct effect on the bottom line. 86% of consumers said that personalization has at least some impact on what they purchase, and 25% say personalization significantly influences what they purchase.
So how should you personalize your design? The answer – any way you want. But here are a few of the best ideas from our experience in variable data printing.
- Personalized URL or QR code
- Previous purchase history or donation amount
- Birthdays or anniversary dates (think 1 year anniversary of car purchase)
- For B2B mailings, create separate designs tailored to the different industries you’re targeting
- Different images and backgrounds
- If you have multiple locations, show the location address closest to that customer
There is very little extra work to do if you would like your postcards printed with variable information. Just send us a spreadsheet with the variable data you would like included on each postcard and let us know where on the design it should go. We handle the merging of the variable data into the design before printing.
Only a little extra work, no price increase, and a direct link to higher ROI. Why would you not consider variable data printing?